Director of Digital and eCommerce
Position Overview : Director of Digital and eCommerce
The Director of Digital and eCommerce will lead our client’s eCommerce efforts with on external and owned websites to maximize sales, profit and enhance the consumer experience. Equally important, this role will develop and lead a comprehensive digital marketing strategy and build new capabilities. Key areas of focus include on-site content management, product promotions, digital marketing and social media strategy.
- Manage and improve online marketing and sales through effective portfolio management
- Guide all product assortments and content for retail brick-and-mortar and online customers and ensure optimal SKU productivity and sales growth
- Digital, Social, and eCommerce strategy and go to market execution
- Spearhead development and maintenance of innovative digital content including images, descriptions, banners, video assets and more
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute digital marketing strategy in conjunction with broader media plans
- Oversee media and display campaigns with Amazon, Google or other with continued optimization of CTR, conversion, and overall ROI
- Lead CRM content and asset strategy across all brands
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years of total marketing experience; CPG experience a plus
- 5+ years of Digital/Social Marketing; 3+ years of eCommerce experience
- Ability to negotiate and efficiently manage outside agencies and/or developers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High Level of knowledge and understanding of SEO, SEM, and eCommerce optimization
- Experience in shaping and executing a comprehensive digital marketing strategy
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and web-based content management systems
- Ideal candidate has experience with Amazon Retail Analytics, Amazon Marketing Services or other media buying platforms
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and account management skills
- Ability to develop and deliver effective, influencing presentations
Candidate Benefits Include:
- Pioneer the Digital/Social/eCommerce function within a quickly growing company
- The single most visible and strategically important Director level position within the company
- Very entrepreneurial, collaborate, team oriented culture with work/life balance
- Small company feel but with the career advancement potential and financial security of a much larger, privately-held company
- Openness to new thinking and new strategies for growth; potential for significant strategic influence and Sr. Leader visibility.
- Hiring manager reputation for empowering, developing, and supporting top performers.
- High level of customer interaction and influence (Walmart, Target, Petco, Petsmart etc.)
- Competitive compensation (base salary, annual bonus), benefits, and relocation package.
Interested? Please email Chris Longtin, CPG Marketing Recruiter at The Jacob Group at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list 2-3 times you are available for a call.