Director of Marketing & Communication
PMG is a digital agency that seeks to inspire people and brands that anything is possible. Driven by shared success, PMG uses strategy, creative, media, and insights to deliver against its mantra of Digital Made for Humans (TM). Founded in Fort Worth, Texas and with offices in Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles, and London, PMG's work for brands like Apple, Beats by Dre, Sephora, Cirque du Soleil and OpenTable runs across 50+ countries globally and has received top industry recognition from Cannes Lions to Adweek Media Plan of the Year.
Ranked by Deloitte, Inc., and Entrepreneur as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation, PMG has grown because of its commitment to continuous improvement, business integrity, and cultivating dynamic relationships. That's why the agency has retained 90% or more of its clients over several years, and why Ad Age ranked PMG #5 in its annual Best Places to Work list two years in a row.
- Develop and drive integrated strategic communications process to advance PMG’s role as a thought leader in the digital advertising and agency space.
- Develop trust and ongoing “relationships” via marketing communications and sharing compelling content that delights key decision makers within our target customer segments, entrepreneur and small businesses as well as our strategic investors
- Lead our corporate narrative in a way that raises awareness for PMG by illustrating our brand identity, market positioning, agency value proposition, and services differentiation to a range of verticals and stakeholders
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences
- Create marketing/public relations strategy that will allow leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers
- Identify challenges and emerging issues faced by the organization
- Work with the leadership team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Serve as communications advisor to the leadership team
- Lead the strategic planning and creative development of agency event initiatives, proactively managing all event needs from branding, agenda design, content creation, and venue selection to event execution. This includes driving the annual Client Summit, activations at CES/SXSW, Cannes Lions, and other strategic shows
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage press relationships and PR agency to ensure coverage surrounding programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects
- Oversee development of all digital communications including the annual report, marketing collateral materials and electronic communications including the Company website and new media; manage relationships with associated vendors
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the communications function including planning, brand campaign ideation, and staff development
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Work closely with cross-functional internal stakeholders to create a defined approach to strategic communications
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- B.S./B.A., ideally in a relevant field such as Communications, Journalism, PR, Marketing, etc.
- 8+ years work experience either at a PR agency or at an in-house corporate communications team
- Deep experience leading communications for a high-growth, high-profile company
- Self-starter with a high degree of personal accountability, domain ownership, and natural curiosity
- Must be able to provide samples of exceptional strategic thought and written communication
- A plus would be experience with video editing and/or graphic design skills, digital advertising experience and strong press contacts