Intermediate Software Developer
PMG is a digital agency that seeks to inspire people and brands that anything is possible. Driven by shared success, PMG uses strategy, creative, media, and insights to deliver against its mantra of Digital Made for Humans (TM). Founded in Fort Worth, Texas and with offices in Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles, and London, PMG's work for brands like Apple, Beats by Dre, Sephora, Cirque du Soleil and OpenTable runs across 50+ countries globally and has received top industry recognition from Cannes Lions to Adweek Media Plan of the Year.
Ranked by Deloitte, Inc., and Entrepreneur as one of the fastest growing companies in the nation, PMG has grown because of its commitment to continuous improvement, business integrity, and cultivating dynamic relationships. That's why the agency has retained 90% or more of its clients over several years, and why Ad Age ranked PMG #5 in its annual Best Places to Work list two years in a row.
- You will be responsible for interfacing with the other teams that use our tools to gather requirements and help educate around tool usage. Our coworkers are our clients, and we love working with them.
- Leading technical architecture discussions and helping drive technical decisions
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers
- Learning how to develop applications using Behavioral and Test Driven Development (BDD / TDD)
- Helping create internal software for our account and performance teams
- Analyzing client data to build new insights and generating reporting dashboards
- Working with our Account Services to implement technical solutions to client problems
- Troubleshooting technical issues with marketing campaigns and client sites
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- PHP 7.x, Node or other Backend Language
- Experience with oAuth (1 & 2) and APIs, Facebook and Google are a plus
- Experience with AWS including EC2 + Containers + Autoscaling
- Experience with Database Design (Postgres is a plus)
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Be willing to learn new technologies in a short amount of time
YOU'LL BE SUCCESSFUL IF
- You have experience using ReactJS
- You have experience with Symfony or similar
- You enjoy writing tools, libraries, and applications that help others.
- You think Linux (Unix based OSes) is the bee’s knees and you know your way around the operating system.
- Understand the importance of Docker and use it to dev, test, and run code.
- Use AWS for running our solutions in the cloud.
- Understand the importance of infrastructure-as-code and use it to manage and deploy the entire stack.
- You have additional experience in backend technologies such as Python 3.x, PHP 7.x, GO, or NodeJS.
- Any existing digital advertising experience is a plus.