Founded 10 years ago, HousingWire has quickly built the largest audience and most well-respected brand in housing finance news and media. Today, our media platforms reach over 4 million annual unique visitors and our audience relies on our news and information to Move Markets Forward.
Our company and editorial team is growing! We're recruiting proven reporters that are passionate about pushing beyond the norm to tell compelling stories, connect with audiences, and experiment with new ideas and formats.
The HousingWire culture can be best described as enabling and flexible. Confident, energetic and creative people thrive at HousingWire. We seek to enable our team members with the tools, resources and opportunity to achieve great things. We work as a team, but know when to be autonomous and independent.
HousingWire’s daily, breaking and bespoke email newsletters and alerts are a critical channel for communicating and connecting with our readers. The Reporter works directly with the Online Editor to cover important stories, write tickers on press releases, and ensure the success of those newsletters. This position is digital first and there are multiple opportunities to grow into other media, such as print and video.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Create a minimum of 4 content pieces daily for HousingWire.com; as needed for email satisfaction requirements
- Quick rewrites of press releases
- Write/Send BREAKING news alert
- Create and edit relevant videos several times a week for our growing video platform
- Uncovers new story angles and builds strong sources in the mortgage finance industry
- Consistently meets deadlines, while delivering stories that meet HW’s editorial standards
- Leverage the expertise and guidance of other reporters and editors to continually grow as a journalist
Desired Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS, preferably in English, Journalism, or Marketing
- At least one year relevant experience, preferably as a journalist
- A digital citizen: a basic understanding of HTML, as well as an understanding of how to use social media (Twitter, etc.) to build a base and an audience
- Ability to deliver outstanding work under deadline pressure
- Competitive nature, a driver who wants to be first with BREAKING news
- Creative thinker who can find new angles that others haven’t yet thought about
- Maintains professional newsroom decorum at all times
- Must work well with others and enjoy being part of a team
- Familiar with AP Style, and strong command of the English language
- Positive, can-do attitude
APPLY HERE: https://housingjobs.com/job/reporter-dallas-texas-0072