Social Media Specialist
Luxury travel network Virtuoso seeks a Social Media Specialist to help to make our social media outlets the most engaging, authoritative, and profitable in the travel industry. Working closely with the Content and Marketing Account Management teams to execute Virtuoso’s social media strategy, this position will manage Virtuoso’s editorial and sponsored social media projects, including daily content posts and marketing campaigns. This employee will be responsible for maintaining the social media schedule and executing strategy across all platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others, coordinating resources to deliver projects on time, on budget, and at Virtuoso’s expected quality level. The successful individual will thrive juggling multiple projects in fast-paced situations, demonstrate strong creative idea generation, writing, and editing abilities, and be skilled in scheduling, trafficking, and project management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with shaping Virtuoso social media strategy and executes daily content posts to drive desired results.
- Manages calendar for all social media platforms in all markets.
- Develops creative (design, writing, hashtagging) for posts and ads.
- Collaborates with colleagues to drive social impressions, engagement, and referral traffic to v.com.
- Manages paid posts, ensuring marketing partner social commitments are fulfilled, and supports and tracks their ROI.
- Works with Marketing Products team to design and execute social media packages to accomplish preferred marketing partners’ strategic goals.
- Works closely with Account Management on paid media strategy designed to further the Virtuoso brand, consumer strategy, and travel advisor engagement.
- Handles daily social care, responding to consumer inquiries and comments.
- Compiles analytics reports for each channel, tracking traffic, impressions, engagement, and other key performance indicators.
- May take on other special projects as needed, including content development for other digital channels and contributing to other corporate initiatives.
- Possible travel required, both domestic and international.
Educational Skills and Requirements:
- Avid social media user who’s ahead of the curve and thrives in a creative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in social media, marketing, advertising, or related field.
- Experience managing social media and writing for the web.
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize input from different sources.
- Creative thinker who can package ideas that will resonate with target audience and achieve desired results.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop.
- Ability to manage language translations.
- Experience using social media management platforms, content management systems (Kentico a plus), and HTML.
- Travel industry experience a plus.
Virtuoso is a network of luxury travel agencies, with more than 20,000 advisors worldwide. We represent the best of the best in travel, with a portfolio of nearly 1,800 preferred partners - top hotels, cruise lines, tour operators, and more. Our advisors use their global connections to plan the most memorable experiences for their clients, from weekend getaways to dream vacations.